Washington University of St. Louis Entrance Screener (Time-limited) - Occupational Health - 48792 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. This is a time-limited position.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Occupational Health. This position is for the Medical School and Danforth Campuses.
The Entrance Screener works with the Occupational Health team to ensure the safety of those entering a Washington University facility by screening each person at the designated entry points. This position enforces the most current policies and practices related to access and visitation. The Entrance Screener is the face of Washington University and must maintain a customer centric approach while clearly articulating requests.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets patients, employees, visitors, and vendors at designated entry points by taking each person’s temperature, asking the most up-to-date screening questions, and following current screening policies and procedures. Provides direction on how to proceed if any of the screening procedures/questions are failed.
- Directs visitors and vendors based on guidance for authorized access during restricted visitation. Thinks through any complex visitor situations and escalates to leadership/security as needed.
- Documents and maintains various logs related to checkpoint activity and submits to manager as required. Provides just-in-time training to the oncoming screener to review updates and current processes.
- Works collaboratively with various departments to ensure compliance with current safety and security guidelines.
- Follows infection prevention and control guidelines when handling equipment and supplies. Maintains and communicates supply needs as directed.
- May be responsible assisting in the operation of thermal imaging screening equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Skilled and comfortable with various technologies to coordinate employee health, including multiple software applications, computerized clinical guidelines.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Demonstrated effective customer service skills.
The hiring range for this position is $13.80 - $15.45 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Entrance Screener (Time-limited) - Occupational Health - 48792
Job ID: 48792
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time