Washington University of St. Louis Facilities Tech II (Energy Management Technician) - Building Services - 49577 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Must be available to work overtime when asked.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Building Services. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position requires the individual to monitor building automation and fire alarm equipment. Respond to all alarms on all systems accordingly.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors campus building automation systems and fire alarm systems with computer workstations and software. Responds to HVAC and Fire Alarm events, performs equipment shutdowns and startups. Change temperature, humidity, and air flow setpoints.
- Documentation of all incidents during a work schedule. Fire alarms, equipment failures, starting/shutting down of equipment, etc.
- Document work requests into automated work order system.
- Mechanical Systems: Replaces broken belts on Air Handler Units/Exhaust Fans when failures occur.
- Refrigeration Systems: Perform temporary repair of climate room refrigerant systems per EPA 40 CFR. Repairs or replaces defective components switches, relays and safeties.
- Plumbing Systems: Repairs faucet leaks, replaces aerators and vacuum breakers. Repairs, replaces and services toilet and urinal flushometers. Clears minor sink drain clogs. Clears blocked toilets and urinals; capable of properly using a closet auger.
- Electrical Systems: Replaces lamps, ballasts, switches and receptacles. Checks and/or replaces fuses, breakers, relays, contactors, transformers and motor starters.
- Performs monthly elevator recall test.
- Performs preventive maintenance of DDC temperature control thermostats, heating valves and air damper controllers.
- Performs monthly fire sprinkler valve inspections.
- Other duties assigned.
- Performs tasks outside of job description in support of the Department and the School’s mission.
- High School diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Minimum of two years of experience in carpentry, plumbing and/or energy management.
- Valid Missouri Class E driver’s license or Illinois Class D license.
- EPA approved universal certification for handling CFC/HCFC Refrigerants per EPA 40 CFR.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse group of people.
- Two to four years of related experience in skilled trade functions, along with demonstrated ability to perform varied maintenance tasks, is desired.
- Able to diagnose and resolve a variety of maintenance problems involving HVAC, electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other conditions.
- Able to resolve maintenance problems in a timely manner in order to avoid or minimize disruptions and delays in the work environments of faculty, staff, customers or the public.
- Able to lift and carry tools and material weighing in excess of 50 pounds and be able to raise and carry with assistance items weighing 200 pounds.
- Able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel and crouch to gain access to pipes, wiring and equipment.
- Able to safely handle a variety of hand and power tools.
- Near-visual acuity (correctable with glasses) needed to read equipment diagrams and inspect parts.
- Good depth perception, field of vision, and color vision needed to fit and install parts.
- Minimal knowledge of Johnson Controls and Schneider Electric building automation systems.
- Experience with commercial HVAC systems (AHU’s, Chillers, Cooling Towers, Exhaust Systems and Climate Rooms).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
The hiring range for this position is $19.18 - $24.47 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
JOB LOCATION/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in Control Room, mechanical rooms and laboratories.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Facilities Tech II (Energy Management Technician) - Building Services - 49577
Job ID: 49577
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time