Washington University of St. Louis Facilities Tech III - Controls Technician - Operations & Facilities Management - 49939 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Operations & Facilities Management. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position acts on on-site maintenance coordinator for assigned areas, prioritizing and accomplishing or securing assistance for accomplishing a variety of maintenance conditions and problems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as primary Building Services contact for assigned area, prioritizing work and making initial assessment of conditions and services needs.
- Plans and completes the repairs/installation of HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems for short-range projects.
- Estimates labor time, requisitions materials needed, and requests other maintenance staff assistance for long range projects.
- Monitors outside service schedules and equipment installation by outside contractors.
- Monitors service schedules/coordinate any interruptions in service (utility outages).
- Interfaces with customer to schedule/coordinate any interruptions in service (utility outages).
- Follows through on work in progress to verify proper facility conditions are restored.
- Performs variety of tasks involving HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Keeps Building Services supervisors aware of facility conditions, problems, and needs.
- Maintains effective communication with other Facility Maintenance Coordinators and other maintenance staff.
- High School diploma or equivalent of GED/HiSET with vocational training preferred.
- Equivalent of two - four years related experience in skill trade functions with demonstrated ability to perform varied maintenance tasks.
- Must have good customer service skills and the ability to communicate with diverse groups of people.
- Advancement from lower level position at Washington University.
- Individual must demonstrate the proficiency to perform the position being filled.
- Two plus years of experience in working with building automation and DDC systems including software, engineering and commissioning tools, DDC controllers and field devices.
- Working knowledge of Johnson Controls Metasys and/or Schneider Electric I/A Series and/or EcoStruxure is desirable.
- Ability to diagnose/resolve varied maintenance problems involving HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing and similar conditions.
- Resolves maintenance problems in timely manner that will avoid disruption/delay in work environment to staff or public.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to read low voltage electrical diagrams.
- Proficient with test instruments and calibration tools.
- Consistent and clear communication with staff and customers.
The hiring range for this position is $21.18 - $26.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Works inside and outside, in dusty and dirty places such as pits and equipment spaces where temperatures may exceed 100 degrees and equipment may be oily and greasy.
- Exposed to wet and cold conditions as well as noise and vibration from operation equipment.
- Ability to work in morgues, gross anatomy and pathology laboratories where human or animal bodies or parts may be within view of the worker.
- Employee may be required to work in vicinity of labs containing biohazardous radioactive substances.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Facilities Tech III - Controls Technician - Operations & Facilities Management - 49939
Job ID: 49939
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time