Washington University of St. Louis Facility Maintenance Supervisor / General Maintenance - Operations & Facilities Management - 49956 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Operations & Facilities Management. The position is located at the Mid Campus Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The Supervisor of the General Maintenance Team is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the General Maintenance Team for the minor repairs of basic plumbing, ceiling tiles, lighting, toilets, urinals and will assure proper documentation of all Fume Hood testing and Ice Machine cleaning on a fifty nine (59) building, 178 acre campus with 8.3 million building gross square feet campus focused on education, research, and clinical services delivery at Washington University School of Medicine (WUSM); assists the Assistant Director in coordinating the assignment of projects, method of completion of projects and tasks, approval of expenditures, staffing assignments, approval of necessary overtime, interviewing and hiring of new employees, and performs training as necessary.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and manages 12 direct reports, university staff officials and outside vendors to coordinate and prioritize jobs to assure most critical jobs receive immediate attention, with minimal down time.
- Reports to the assistant director in all aspects of General Maintenance which includes basic plumbing (sinks, faucets, urinals, toilets, minor blockages), ceiling tiles, lighting, fume hood documentation, ice machine cleaning and documentation. Specifically reports on work load, staffing, supplies, safety concerns, and training to keep assistant director informed daily of on and off shift operations.
- Coordinates site inspections to assure systems are functioning properly and that work load and determines alternatives to alleviate and resolve these concerns.
- Coordinates the scheduling and the assigning of Service Now work orders for completion by the General Maintenance Team insuring that all tasks are done in a safe and productive manner while promoting and sustaining excellent customer service and maintaining a close interaction with campus partners.
- Communicates with other supervisors to anticipate potential problems and additional work load and determines alternatives to alleviate and resolve these concerns.
- Determines most effective manner in which to complete jobs and assigns staff members to jobs to assure best person is performing task.
- Inspects work to assure staff is performing high quality work and meeting high safety standards.
- Interviews and hires job candidates, as well as terminates employees who do not meet acceptable performance standards.
- Conducts midyear and year end performance evaluations of subordinates.
- Investigates complaints to determine the course of action necessary to resolve issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school or equivalent high school certification.
- 2 years college or tech school.
- Five years related experience.
- Associate degree.
- FMP certification.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Windows.
- Strong organizational skills.
The hiring range for this position is $56,472 - $73,403 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
Valid Missouri Class E or Illinois Class D driver’s license needed.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Facility Maintenance Supervisor / General Maintenance - Operations & Facilities Management - 49956
Job ID: 49956
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time