Washington University of St. Louis Genetics in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Genetics. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Assists in developing and conducting research projects, including experimental design, data analysis and documentation of experimental results.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Following instructions and discussions with principal investigator, designs research protocols, including developing procedures for the collection, verification and management of data.
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting.
- Performs complex statistical analysis of data collected and writes interpretative reports. Verifies the correctness of the data submitted and makes recommendations based on these analyses.
- Documents research topics and prepares and submits papers based on research work to publications and committees for publication or presentation to peers.
- Solves practical problems relating to difficulties with equipment or test subjects. Suggests technical or procedural improvements in testing methods.
- Conducts literature searches related to research project.
Master’s degree with 4 years of experience in research lab operations or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 9 years required.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, genetics or related discipline.
- Mammalian cell culture experience is highly preferred.
- Highly skilled in molecular biology, including techniques, experimental design and troubleshooting.
- Able to work independently yet collaboratively in a team environment.
- Hands-on experience with CRIPSR technology.
- Experience with iPSC or hESC.
- Experience with high throughput screening.
- Experience with next-generation Sequencing.
- Knowledge in bioinformatics.
- Analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data and to communicate data in a clear, concise manner.
- Computer literacy including the ability to use a variety of software packages to analyze data.
The hiring range for this position is $46,779 - $63,170 annually.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Staff Scientist - Genetics - 41833
Job ID: 41833
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time