Washington University of St. Louis Limited) in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. This is a time-limited position of up to 2 years.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of WashU IT-Enterprise Applications. This position is for the North Campus.
Under minimal supervision and technical guidance, the person in this position is responsible for design, implementation, and administration support for ServiceNow Configuration Management Data Base (CMDB) and other associated ServiceNow components. Must possess a broad range of technical skills and experience with enterprise-class services. Work with a team of technical staff within the Washington University IT organization to ensure that WashU IT services stay aligned with University initiatives that include research, teaching, patient care, and administrative objectives. Provides technical guidance and leadership to other IT staff and management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform research, analyze technology, consult vendors, and apply best practices to design technical solutions by Utilizing systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications related to new implementations or enhancements of enterprise scale and significant complexity. This position interacts with manager and architects on a regular basis to discuss solution design and project engineering related tasks and will be expected to develop and present team briefs. Will work in conjunction with architect teams and customer to gather details regarding issues in order to expedite issue resolutions.
- Provide technical and advisory leadership as required to complete objectives.
- Validate, test and implement new products and services.
- Respond to and resolve incidents escalated from cross-organization engineers and performance tuning requests utilizing critical thinking skills.
- Create and maintain documentation related to services, solutions and interfaces.
- Provide training and mentoring for other personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree plus 6 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in higher education
- Professional certification
- Experience in enterprise-scale environments
- Experience as a technical team leader
- Experience with systems analysis techniques and procedures and developing functional specifications
- Significant experience with ServiceNow platform development (preferably CMDB-focused)
- General knowledge of ITIL processes and understands relationships amongst ITSM modules
- High aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues
- Effective oral and written presentation skills
- Ability to adjust to changes in priorities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances
- Good organizational skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work extended hours as necessary and recognize the need to do so
- Ability to adjust scheduled time
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving
- Team Skills: Supports teammates at all times and in any way necessary to maintain a productive, energetic, efficient and dynamic WashU IT team. Communicates effectively and frequently both verbally and in writing with other members of the team. Collaborates with other teammates to provide assistance and expertise as well as to receive expert input and assistance from others delivering the best solution and experience for the customer.
- Customer Service: Must possess an aptitude for patience, professionalism, tactfulness and empathy. Must be enthusiastic and committed to helping others and exhibit the ability to quickly assess the specific needs of the customer to determine an appropriate course of action. Must be able to quickly defuse stressful or anxious situations.
The hiring range for this position is $88,920 - $117,790 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions
Will need to be able to travel to on-campus and off-campus locations for meetings as needed. Will participate in on call rotations and will occasionally require working evenings and weekends.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Systems Engineer IV (ServiceNow / Time-Limited) - WashU IT-Enterprise Applications - 41623
Job ID: 41623
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time