Washington University of St. Louis Mechanic (HVAC) - Maintenance Operations - 49962 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Position hours are Monday-Friday, 7:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Maintenance Operations. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The Mechanic provides routine and emergency maintenance, primarily HVAC, in the Green Zone. This position is a member of the collective bargaining unit, Local #148 International Union of Operating Engineers, AFL-CIO.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining a variety of HVAC systems to maintain the campus facilities in order to support the teaching and research mission of the University. Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively troubleshooting and repairing of commercial HVAC systems.
- Repair and maintenance of building loops, pumps, heat exchangers and forced air components (VAV’s, circuit setters, and controls, etc.).
- Pro-actively identifying, communicating and addressing needs without direction when appropriate.
- Responding to work orders in and other requests in a timely, efficient, competent, knowledgeable and friendly manner.
- Maintain data per departmental policy.
- Utilizing materials, supplies, tools and other University property in a safe, productive manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A two year degree from a technical school is required.
- A journeyman level or equivalent HVAC mechanic with extensive experience (minimum of 5 years) with commercial HVAC systems in administrative, educational and research type environments.
- Universal refrigerant license preferred.
- Proven record of effective troubleshooting and repair of variety of HVAC systems including (but not limited to) hydronic, DX, heat pumps, large air handlers, roof top units, CRAC, packaged and split systems, makeup and fresh air systems, and exhaust.
- Capable of repair and maintenance of building loops, pumps, heat exchangers and forced air components (VAV’s, circuit setters, and controls, etc.).
- A thorough understanding of pneumatic and digital control systems and be proficient with all diagnostic tools necessary to effectively troubleshoot. These tools include, but are not limited to, electrical schematics, sequences of operation, blueprints, JCI Metasys, and handheld diagnostic tools such as multimeters, magnehelics, etc.
The salary for this title is $31.04 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
*WORKING CONDITIONS / EQUIPMENT: *
This position requires physical work including bending, sitting and standing for long periods of time, lifting up to 50 pounds, using heavy equipment and traveling to on- and off-campus locations. This position may be exposed to loud noises and chemicals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Mechanic (HVAC) - Maintenance Operations - 49962
Job ID: 49962
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time