Washington University of St. Louis Neuro Imaging Research Technician II - Radiology - 49564 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The Neuroimaging Research Technician II will perform innovative data analyses on neuroimaging and related neurodevelopmental/neurobehavioral data using established computer algorithms in a neuroimaging-focused neuroscience laboratory. The applicant will apply statistical and analytical approaches to neuroimaging data using MATLAB, assist in the preparation of program descriptions and documentation both for newly developed and existing analysis software, and assist in curating MRI databases and summarizing results.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist PI/Postdoc fellow with running study participants through magnetic resonance imaging experiments.
- Transferring of files to appropriate server.
- Review study database to make sure all data has been entered.
- Running developed scripts from image processing and analysis under PI and Postdoc fellow supervision.
- Assessing basic cognitive function and behaviors with testing.
- Provide routine data entry ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain study database.
- Provide the testing questionnaires to study participants.
- Prepare cognitive testing packets.
- Score cognitive testing and questionnaires for PI and Postdoc fellow.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Some college and one year of related experience in imaging research.
- B.S. or four years of equivalent education and experience.
- Background in neuroscience, psychology, statistics, computer science or equivalent.
- Experience with any programming languages is a plus.
- Able to work well in a team.
- Able to think and solve problems independently.
- Strong communication skills.
The hiring range for this position is $14.07 - $18.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Neuro Imaging Research Technician II - Radiology - 49564
Job ID: 49564
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time