Airgas Usa LLC Plant Operator in St. Louis, Missouri
*Airgas USA, LLC *
St. Louis, MO
Benefits – Consistent Hours – Stability
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas!
Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,400 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, a world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations.Airgas’ customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and many more.
Performs any combination of following tasks on site in making or repackaging compressed and liquefied gas: Loads cylinders or containers on vehicles using hand truck or lift gate, and records type and quantity of cylinders. Examines returned cylinders for surface defects, such as dents, cracks, and burns and moves cylinders to designated work area. Removes cylinder cap (if appropriate for the type of cylinder involved). Inspects valves for correct CGA connection and pressure relief device. Connects cylinders to manifold and opens valves to first draw off residual gas and then evacuate cylinders. Inspects cylinder labels to assure they are correct for the service intended, legible and legal with current federal requirements, replacing inappropriate labels detected. Fills cylinders in accordance with specific guidelines either by pressure or weight, as appropriate. Weighs cylinders filled with liquid products on platform scale and records weight. Tests cylinders for leaks by brushing or spraying chemical solution around valve. Records all necessary documentation and sets a cylinder aside for settled pressure checks. Moves all cylinders to the area designated for full cylinders, out-of-test cylinders, or repair, as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Operate and safely maintain equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders
• Perform all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and tests before cylinders are released
• Ensure cylinders are adequately maintained – cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected
• Regularly inspect and maintain pumping apparatus and associated pressure gages and monitoring devices
• Fill cylinders or containers to proper pressure or weight, whichever is appropriate
• Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately maintained and that all required procedures are followed in order to comply with local, state and federal regulations
• Ensure any accident or injury is promptly reported to management
• Conduct periodic checks of plant for safe and efficient operation
• Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
• Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance
• Perform mathematical calculations
• Assist with loading and unloading trucks and/or trailers when required
• Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, and help customers when necessary
• Perform backup duties as a route driver when necessary
• Additional duties as required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school degree or the equivalent and one to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS: *
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to perform very heavy work – routinely lift 25 – 75 lbs., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lbs
• Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required
• Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities
• Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
• Must be able to safely drive a forklift
*WORK ENVIRONMENT: *
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Plant Operator
Location: Missouri-St. Louis-63103
Requisition ID: 32486