IBM Procurement and Contracts Consultant in St Louis, Missouri
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is seeking highly motivated individuals with 5+ years of procurement contracting experience to join our IBM Procurement Services (IPS) team of procurement consulting professionals. IPS provides procurement services to IBM’s external clients across all industry segments. Specifically, we are seeking to fill the role of an Procurement and Contracts Consultant to support our clients’ procurement and strategic sourcing requirements in indirect spend categories such as: Facilities, MRO, Real Estate, Corporate & Professional Services, Information Technology, and Logistics. This role requires regular business travel to remote client locations based on project requirements.
· Proficient Contract Administration by overseeing the preparation and revision of contracts that involve the purchase of goods and services
· Attention to detail and the ability to spot errors and inconsistencies in Contract Review
· Drive Savings while negotiating commercial terms and facilitating contracting processes with the client stakeholders, legal team, and suppliers
· Ability to quickly understand and proactively direct projects through specialized review and approval processes with limited guidance
· Managing multiple competitive bid events for client(s) (i.e., Request for Proposal, Request for Quote, Request for Information, Reverse Auctions, etc.) within assigned spend categories
· Analyzing client’s historical spend data in one or more categories to: identify sourcing opportunities, support category strategy development, and measure compliance with supplier agreements
· Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships across all levels of the client’s business, procurement, and legal organizations
· Analyzing and documenting cost savings versus historical spend to ensure IBM meets or exceeds contractual savings commitments to our client(s)
· Identifying opportunities to transform the client’s procurement organization and policies, and to support the client in achieving its strategic business objectives
· Supporting Global Category Leaders and Category Managers with development of category strategies and developing sourcing project strategies
· Collaborating with IPS Procurement Consultants supporting our other clients to share and leverage useful templates, strategies, lessons learned, and case studies
Skills & Expertise
· Client Relationship Management: Ability to build rapport with clients and maintain professionalism in communications with all levels of client stakeholders. Delivery of high-quality analyses and presentations on time and with the level of quality the client expects.
· Data Analysis: Ability to utilize procurement and financial data to understand spending trends within a business, and to leverage that information to identify procurement insights that result in process efficiencies or cost savings for the client.
· Strategic Thinking: Understanding of the importance of "big picture" thinking and planning. Ability to apply business acumen to focus on key success factors for the organization.
· Accuracy and Attention to Detail: Understanding the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
· Dealing with Disorder: Knowledge of tactics and ability to function effectively in the face of volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity.
· Multitasking: Ability to stay organized with multiple open projects and varied stakeholders, giving proactive updates and maintaining stakeholder expectations
· Sourcing Project Management: Experience of managing sourcing projects from start to finish
· Microsoft Office: Strong knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office suite. Ability to efficiently and accurately analyze procurement data using Microsoft Excel, and to build client-ready presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint.
· Procurement Knowledge: Knowledge of Procurement methods, technologies and processes. Ability to analyze and improve a client’s procurement organization.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or other applicable field.
· Travel requirements can be up to 80%.
· Prefer previous experience in a client facing / consultative role.
· Contracting experience (Healthcare and Life Sciences Preferred)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Work location of Raleigh, NC is preferred but not required
About Business Unit
IBM Global Procurement has the responsibility for achieving the best overall value for IBM and our clients when acquiring or contracting goods, services, and intellectual property assets. Our mission: "Listen for need, source with speed." We continually work to create value by managing costs and risks, engaging in revenue generation opportunities with our sales teams, and providing superior service to our clients as we ensure on-time delivery. Join us as we transform clients' strategies by delivering simple engagements focused on speed, leveraging digitization, cognitive insights, and innovation from suppliers to maximize value.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.