Washington University of St. Louis Research Assistant - Developmental Biology - 51347 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Developmental Biology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
A Research Assistant position is available from the McNeill lab to study tissue organization and growth control during development using fly and mouse models (http://mcneilllab.wustl.edu). The ideal candidate will conduct research experiments independently, evaluate findings and report to the Principal Investigator and the research group.
Dr. McNeill is a member of the Department of Developmental Biology Department of Developmental Biology (wustl.edu).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts research experiments and assays.
- Evaluates research results, reporting findings and discussing project outcomes with staff involved.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on research.
- Coordinates tissue cultures, reagents, probe tests, etc.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Coordinates research project with other institutions and investigators.
- Participates in developing hypotheses to be tested and ways of testing it.
- Assists with general supply/equipment orders, lab maintenance and cleaning.
- Performs literature research on specified topics.
Equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with two to three years of experience in laboratory operations.
- Experience with common cellular and molecular biology techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to implement general laboratory procedures, conduct research, and record findings, with focus on pursuit of advanced education in field.
The hiring range for this position is $15.46 - $20.88 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Assistant - Developmental Biology - 51347
Job ID: 51347
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time