Washington University of St. Louis Research Assistant - Health Communication Research Laboratory - 49252 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Health Communication Research Laboratory. This position is for the Danforth Campus in the Brown School of Social Work.
A qualified individual is needed for a research assistant position with the HCRL at the Brown School. The research assistant will spend the majority of his/her time assisting in projects funded by NIH. They will work as part of a team and individually to perform duties and responsibilities required to meet project needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the maintenance and tracking of databases and other project tracking tools.
- Support the planning and delivery of interventions.
- Conduct literature review, analysis, writing and publication of XX-related work; The assistant will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and synthesizing existing literature and translating results of the literature review into ‘everyday’ language for mass audiences.
- Develop reports, papers, and other dissemination products, including producing graphics and designing text lay out. Individual will be expected to contribute to major sections or develop whole products as a result of project plans.
- Train and oversee a research technician to assist with data quality checks and cleaning.
- Take primary responsibility for coordinating components of project plans, specifically development and implementation of data collection, management, and analysis protocols. Individual will make decisions regarding planning and implementation of these project plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, social work, social sciences, organizational management, or other related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Experience conducting public presentations.
- Experience performing literature search, summary, and analysis.
- Experience with writing research/evaluation reports.
- Master’s degree in public health, social work, social sciences, or other related field.
- Experience designing and conducting public presentations and webinars.
- Experience with website management.
- Experience with data collection and analysis.
- Experience in strategic planning or organizational management.
- Experience with tobacco prevention and cessation programs, research, or policies.
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Highly dependable and organized.
- Excellent people skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team.
- Ability to work with multiple project teams at any given time.
The hiring range for this position is $15.46 - $20.88 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Assistant - Health Communication Research Laboratory - 49252
Job ID: 49252
Location: School of Social Work
Full/Part Time: Full-Time