Washington University of St. Louis Research Assistant - Optical Imaging Lab - Radiology - 48815 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
A Research Assistant position is available in the Optical Radiology Laboratory at Washington University in Saint Louis working with Dr. Adam Bauer. This position assists with optical neuroimaging studies in mice, analyzing optical imaging data, writing analysis software, preparation of material, and documentation.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts mouse imaging research experiments and assays.
- Analyzes optical imaging data, including signal/imaging processing and performs preliminary statistical analysis of data collected.
- Writes new analysis software.
- Evaluates research results, reporting findings and discussing project outcomes with staff involved.
- Performs data entry and maintains spreadsheets, databases, and lab notebook on research.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Coordinates research project with other institutions and investigators.
- Participates in developing hypotheses to be tested and ways of testing it.
- Assists with general supply/equipment orders, lab maintenance and cleaning.
- Performs literature research on specified topics.
Equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with two to three years of experience in laboratory operations.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in biomedical engineering, physics, neuroscience, computer science or similar, preferably with experience in diffuse optical neuroimaging and/or instrument design.
- Proficiency in Matlab or similar is strongly desired.
- Experience in image and signal processing.
- Experience working with hardware and software development of optical imaging systems.
- Analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Prior experience with animal studies: handling, training, injection, and tissue processing for downstream cellular and molecular analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to implement general laboratory procedures, conduct research, and record findings, with focus on pursuit of advanced education in field.
The hiring range for this position is $15.46 - $20.88 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals. The individual must also be willing and able to handle rodents and perform small animal procedures.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Assistant - Optical Imaging Lab - Radiology - 48815
Job ID: 48815
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time