Washington University of St. Louis Research Assistant (Part-time) - Ob/Gyn - 49357 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is part-time and works approximately 20 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Ob/Gyn. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists with research studies, experiments, preparation of materials, and documentation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts research activities, including hardware maintenance, frication of electronic devices and engineering experiment.
- Evaluates research results, reporting findings and discussing project outcomes with staff involved.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on research.
- Performs basic data processing and analysis using programming language and computation system.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Coordinates research project with other institutions and investigators.
- Participates in developing hypotheses to be tested and ways of testing it.
- Assists with general supply/equipment orders, lab maintenance and cleaning.
Equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with two to three years of experience in laboratory operations.
- Engineering student in master’s level program.
- Demonstrated ability to implement electrical engineering experiment procedures (Arduino board system development).
- Skilled in at least one or two programming languages (Python, MATLAB, C++, etc.).
- Ability to maintain complete and organize records/reports.
The hiring range for this position is $15.46 - $20.88 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for part-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Assistant (Part-time) - Ob/Gyn - 49357
Job ID: 49357
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Part-Time