Washington University of St. Louis Research Lab Supervisor - Surgery - 49499 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Surgery. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position performs and oversees research projects or laboratory processes. Oversees other personnel and equipment.
Currently, the laboratory is investigating the role of viruses in causing congenital heart diseases. The individual would oversee the day to day operations of the lab and assist in conduct of experiments, such as PCR/ELISA analysis of blood and stool samples, virus propagation with cell co-cultures, cytotoxic assays, antibody neutralization studies and other pertinent experiments to the overarching project.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs laboratory administrative functions, such as scheduling, purchasing and establishing record keeping systems.
- Supervises laboratory staff assigned, assuring appropriate study procedures, review of staff work, explaining policies and procedures and screening of new employees.
- Develops procedure manuals and operational/technical guidelines for lab studies.
- Participates in lab study processes, maintaining records and preparing reports as required.
- Researches and recommends new methods and procedures to maintain current capabilities, quality and standards.
Bachelor’s degree with three or more years of lab experience, including supervisory responsibility, or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling seven years.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of standard laboratory policies, procedures and equipment.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
The hiring range for this position is $46,779 - $63,170 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Lab Supervisor - Surgery - 49499
Job ID: 49499
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time