Washington University of St. Louis Research Opportunities in Developmental Biology - 42423 in St. Louis, Missouri
This opportunity is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Hours are generally normal business hours but may vary due to the timing for experiments and other research activity deadlines.
Department Name/Job Location
This opportunity is in the Department of Developmental Biology and located on the Medical School Campus.
The overarching interest of the Micchelli lab is the investigation of adult epithelial stem cells. We study how stem cells build tissues during development and how stem cells repair damaged epithelia during adulthood. In addition, we have developed in vivo assays to investigate how dynamic exposure to pathogenic micro-organisms and nutrient excess/deficiency affects the processes of regeneration, tumorigenesis and behavior. We address these fundamental issues in vivo using both Drosophila, and in vitro using mammalian organoid culture systems.
Candidates with prior experience in development, genetics, and stem cell biology with at least a bachelor’s degree are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be highly independent, creative and self-motivated problem solvers who wish to play a lead role in independent research projects.
- Experience with Drosophila molecular genetic techniques.
- Experience with microscopy (dissection, compound, confocal, EM).
- Proficiency in basic molecular biology techniques including DNA, RNA, Protein isolation and purification; PCR, reverse transcription PCR, immunoblot, ELISA.
- Experience with immunohistochemistry, mammalian cell culture, and flow cytometry.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Photoshop, Prism.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate effectively.
- Should have troubleshooting skills, an ability to maintain complete and organized records, and a working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
Base pay is commensurate with experience.
The Department of Developmental Biology at Washington University School of Medicine represents one of the finest examples of an academic training program, dedicated to the study of contemporary issues in organismal development. The balance of outstanding faculty, exemplary facilities, and a cohesive philosophy ensure consistent excellence across the missions of maintaining national prominence in research and training.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Opportunities in Developmental Biology - 42423
Job ID: 42423
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time