Washington University of St. Louis Research Opportunities - Medical Oncology - 49352 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
There is an opportunity in the laboratory of Dr. Jason Held (www.heldlab.org). The Held lab is an exciting and fast-paced research environment focused on the molecular mechanisms of redox biology in cancer, aging, stem cells and other model systems using cell biology, protein biochemistry, chemistry and computational biology approaches.
Work in the lab includes using techniques such as cell culture and cell-based assays, CRISPR, protein biochemistry, real-time live-cell microscopy, and some in vivo rodent studies.
Candidates will ideally have at least a bachelor's degree.
- Prior experience in protein biochemistry, molecular biology and/or experience in cell/tissue culture experiments and downstream analyses with RNA/DNA expression.
- Experience with CRISPR, Gibson assembly or a strong interest in data analysis and programming is a plus.
- Troubleshooting skills, independent analytical thinking and research planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete, detailed and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Opportunities - Medical Oncology - 49352
Job ID: 49352
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time