Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician I - Anesthesiology - 49355 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Anesthesiology located on the Medical School Campus.
This position is responsible for assisting with laboratory duties in a research setting; performs routine tests with direction from the supervisor, manager or higher-level technician.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the investigator or higher-level technician with research studies, experiments and assays, including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Assists with small animal surgeries and runs routine laboratory tests.
- Maintains files on research and assists with data entry.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Some experience working in a laboratory is recommended.
- Willingness to handle mice.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software.
The hiring range for this position is $13.80 - $15.97 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician I - Anesthesiology - 49355
Job ID: 49355
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time