Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician I - Neurology - 51390 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus. The ability to travel between buildings on campus is required.
This individual will support the Biomarker Core Biorepository of the Knight Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC). The position will assist with technical aspects of clinical research studies, including processing human blood and CSF samples, retrieving stored samples, documentation, and preparation of materials. Performs routine tests with direction from the supervisor, manager or higher-level technician.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists higher-level technicians with research studies, including the processing, storage, retrieval and shipping of biological samples and the maintenance of equipment.
- Completes required documentation and maintains research files and assists with data entry.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
- Provides core-related administrative assistance to the Biomarker Core Leaders when needed.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Some college level coursework.
- Experience with Excel spreadsheets.
- Mature, task-oriented, efficient, personable, and professional demeanor.
- Well-versed in data entry procedures.
- Ability to work with numbers and datasets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn new procedures quickly.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to take direction.
The hiring range for this position is $13.80 - $15.97 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment, lift up to 25 lbs., and to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician I - Neurology - 51390
Job ID: 51390
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time