Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician I - Psychiatry - 50933 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Psychiatry. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position is responsible for assisting with laboratory duties in a research setting. Performs 3D design and printing with direction from the supervisor, manager, or higher-level technician. Runs behavior experiments on rodents and analyzes and presents data to other lab members.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the investigator or higher-level technician with research studies, experiments and assays, including collection of rodent behavioral data, set-up and maintenance of equipment, data analysis and plotting in Python.
- Programs behavioral equipment using the Arduino programming language.
- Uses 3D design software and 3D printers.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Some computer programming skills (Arduino or Python), 3D printing or design skills.
- Experience with animal handling.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Office).
The hiring range for this position is $13.80 - $15.97 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician I - Psychiatry - 50933
Job ID: 50933
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time