Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician II - Cell Biology & Physiology - 51135 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Cell Biology & Physiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position assists with the technical aspects of studies and experiments, including documentation and preparation of materials.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with research studies, experiments and assays, including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Assists with tissue culture and transfects cells.
- Assists with mouse studies, including performing smal animal procedures.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on research.
- Prepares tissue cultures, reagents, probe tests, etc.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
Bachelor’s degree and up to one year of experience in a laboratory setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling four years.
- Highly organized at the bench and strong communication skills.
- Expertise in media preparation, cell culture, and animal care.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
The hiring range for this position is $14.07 - $18.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician II - Cell Biology & Physiology - 51135
Job ID: 51135
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time