Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician II - Neurology - 50386 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This individual will support the DIAN TU Biomarker Core associated with the Knight ADRC. The position will assist with technical aspects of complex clinical studies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with clinical studies, experiments and assays, including collection of data, administrative support, and maintenance of equipment.
- Performs data entry, maintains database software and datasets, and performs data retrieval.
- Processes and aliquots human biological fluids.
- Distributes biological fluid samples and compiled paperwork to referral labs and internal/external collaborators.
- Complies with established safety and regulatory procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning and ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly maintained in accordance with established protocols.
Bachelor’s degree and up to one year of experience in a laboratory setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling four years.
- Task-oriented and well-versed in data entry procedures.
- Ability to work with numbers and datasets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software (Excel) and general lab equipment.
- Familiarity with computer database functioning.
The hiring range for this position is $14.07 - $18.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to lift sample racks (25 pounds).
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician II - Neurology - 50386
Job ID: 50386
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time