Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician II (Part-time/Time-limited) - Social Policy Institute - 49273 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is part-time and works up to 19 hours per week. This is a time-limited position up to April 2022.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Social Policy Institute. This position is for the Danforth Campus in the Brown School of Social Work.
The Social Policy Institute is a university-wide initiative at Washington University in St. Louis dedicated to addressing pressing social issues through transdisciplinary empirical research, dissemination of evidence-informed policy, and training. The institute seeks a part-time Research Technician II to support the Workforce Financial Stability Initiative’s research projects and administrative tasks.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research Assistance: Assist with observational data collection, scheduling and conducting study participant interviews, auditing interview recordings against transcripts, qualitative data analysis including coding and sensemaking, preparation of literature for review, summarization of work through written reports, and assisting with basic research on projects and issue areas. Some data collection tasks will require a consistent work schedule to attend regularly scheduled observation sessions and conduct interviews at times convenient to research participants.
- Publications: Contribute to preparation of working papers, reports, presentations, and other publications. Tasks may include writing, updating bibliographies, APA compliance verification, and proofreading.
- Project Support: Assist in scheduling, organization, and preparation for conferences, meetings, webinars, and conference calls.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification and an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling five years in a related field or a bachelor’s degree and one year of related experience.
- Experience using NVivo qualitative data analysis software and STATA statistical software package.
- Interest in or knowledge of the job quality field, social justice, and qualitative research.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of APA formatting.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct online research.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, actively seek support and assistance when needed, and advocate for what will help the team achieve goals.
- Ability to think critically and creatively from a posture of curiosity.
- Excellent reading and writing skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, collaborate closely with others, contribute to team discussions and analysis sessions, and problem-solve in a supportive, relational way.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of any internal or non-public materials.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of research study participants, community members, students, staff, and faculty.
- Understanding of and commitment to:
- Social justice.
- Dignity and worth of the individual.
- Importance and centrality of human relationships.
The hiring rate for this position is $15 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is not eligible to receive benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application.
This position requires ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and the ability to travel to on- and off-campus locations for meetings.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician II (Part-time/Time-limited) - Social Policy Institute - 49273
Job ID: 49273
Location: School of Social Work
Full/Part Time: Part-Time