Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician II - Radiology - 50644 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists with the technical aspects of studies and experiments including documentation and preparation of materials.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with research studies, experiments and assays including preparation of solutions, set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
- Maintains detailed records of experimental data and performs preliminary data analysis.
- Complies with established safety procedures for biohazard and radiative material and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization, DNA and RNA sequencing to analyze genetic changes using the animal models of central nervous disease or primary samples.
- Performs quantitative assays for presynaptic and postsynaptic neurotransmitter biomarkers, oxidative DNA damage, and neuroinflammation using primary tissues.
- Performs enzymatic assays and receptor-radioligands assays using cell lines, genetically cloned proteins, or primary tissues.
Bachelor’s degree and up to 1 year of experience in a laboratory setting or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 4 years required.
- Molecular biology experience.
- General microscopy and fluorescence microscopy experience.
- Troubleshooting and data interpretation skills.
- Software, database and data analysis skills.
- Motivation for learning new techniques for medical science.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
The hiring range for this position is $14.07 - $18.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician II - Radiology - 50644
Job ID: 50644
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time