Brown Smith Wallace, LLC Retirement Plan Specialist - Benefit Plans Plus in St. Louis, Missouri
The Retirement Plans Specialist provides annual plan administration services and technical compliance support to employers who sponsor qualified retirement plans, within performance standards and service objectives. Including in-depth understanding of the complexities of all facets of administering qualified retirement plans. This position(s) are available in Missouri – St. Louis Metro, Kansas City Metro and Remotely.
- Manage caseload (1 – 100+ plans) of 403b, Profit Sharing and/or 401(k) plans including: interpreting/preparing plan documents, preparing reconciliation of plan investments to the plan valuation report, calculating contributions for corporate and self-employed business entities, maintaining on-going client relationships via face to face and telephone contact, preparing and analyzing compliance testing results, prepare and analyze government filing requirements, interacting with external clients/advisors/vendors and BSW family.
- Willingness to travel to all BPP locations to administer plans or deliver reports to clients
- Assist with the installation of new client’s retirement plans as needed
- Assist with projects on as needed basis and participate in Rapid Improvement Projects.
- Ability to cross function in the organization
- Continue education through seminars and industry certifications, etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years’ experience in annual administration of qualified DC/401(k) plans including thorough understanding and ability to interpret complex plan documents and code provisions.
- Hands-on non-discrimination compliance testing and government form preparation and filing experience
- Strong working knowledge of accounting and investment principles
- Ability to work in a team environment, under pressure, meet deadlines, handle large volume of diverse work
- High level of PC skills; working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing applications, vendor systems and record keeping systems.
- Leadership, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communications, organizational and prioritization skills
*Preferred Experience *
- Working knowledge of Datair Record Keeping System
- Working knowledge of FT Williams
- Plan Design Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Financial discipline
- Industry certification(s) – NIPA, ASPPA etc.
- Experience in Employee Communications
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, talk, listen, and respond. The employee frequently is required to walk and use fingers, tools, and/or various controls. The employee must occasionally stand and reach with arms and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. Occasionally, the employee will lift up to 25 pounds or more, such as, to lift files, papers and equipment.
The above physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet with frequent interruptions. The employee continuously interacts with staff and/or clients. Travel may be necessary to various client or business sites to perform onsite review/audits, meet with clients and/or the delivery of work product. Additionally, occasional overtime is required throughout the year and may be in excess of 55 hours per week. Further policies may be put into effect during busy season, i.e., no vacation or non-emergency-related personal time away from the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The information contained in job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Benefit Plans Plus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Brown Smith Wallace is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Division: 40002 Benefits Plans Plus, LLC
Job Code: 600
# of Openings: 1