Leidos Senior Software Engineer - React, Java, Python, AWS w/TSSCI in ST. LOUIS, Missouri
This position supports the program’s Cloud Support Services (CSS) team to provide quality cost effective solutions to the client. As part of the CSS Team the Software Engineer’s expertise is needed to support a sophisticated enterprise cloud environment.
The Software Engineer will actively participate with Scrum development teams and meetings. The engineer will be responsible for working with a highly functional team developing and deploying custom solutions to the client’s enterprise cloud environment. Other responsibilities will include working with the team to define task breakdowns and effort estimates; as well as preparing design and test documents.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Design, implement and maintain application phases.
· Contribute in all phases of the development life cycle
· Write well designed, testable, efficient code
· Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
· Recommend changes to improve established application processes
· Prepare and produce releases of software components
· Develop application code programs
· Develop and execute unit test plans
· Support formal testing and resolve test defects
· Provide technical support and consultation for application and infrastructure questions
· Expert with at least one language and desire good experience with several others (Python, React, Java, etc.)
· Strong understanding of DevOps and software/application development processes
· Experience with GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus, and other DevOps/Continuous Integration tools
· Experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores
· Demonstrated ability to creatively solve technical problems
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a small team
· Experience with ElasticSearch
· Experiencing interacting with AWS SDK, AWS API, AWS CLI, and AWS CloudFormation
· Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Google, Rackspace
EDUCATION & ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline or other business related field. 8-12 years experience, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
Masters Degree preferred.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.