AT&T Senior-System Engineer- ServiceNow in St Louis, Missouri
Overall Purpose: This advertisement seeks an IT professional to join a DevOps team standing up a new ServiceNow implementation. Deliver an integrated CMDB to provide a "single version of truth" about all IT assets (software, hardware, network). This career step requires expert level experience and is a hands-on function that ultimately results in the delivery of company wide services using ServiceNow. Responsible for translating the core architecture for business requirements into the final technical solution (consisting of platform, network, software, cloud, etc.) through functional, performance, and reliability analysis using engineering models and techniques, primarily through software development throughout the vertical stack. Defines designs; Provides technical enablement for application components and subsystems for the application and related systems. Drives important design decisions for development team. Specific duties include:
• Develop ServiceNow enhancements and modifications to existing applications such as VR, SIR, HAM, SAM, ITSM, CMDB, APM as well as create custom applications.
• Create and modify catalog items, portals, workflows, flow designer, and other ServiceNow development functions.
• Support, edit, and create integrations to other products and services including the use of integration hub and orchestration, webservices, APIs, and related transform mappings.
• Work as a team to troubleshoot complex issues or complex development but also be able to work on your own independently from others.
• Triage and support issues from users on the ServiceNow platform and related applications and modules.
• Document and annotate scripts, process flows, update sets, and other workflows associated with ServiceNow development.
Additional Roles and Responsibilities: Elaborate the design and interfaces for specific components including: Define subsystems and their interfaces, allocate responsibilities to subsystems, understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context; Align development teams to a shared technical direction and partners with those teams in elaborating the Solution and its interfaces; Validate technology assumptions, evaluate implementation alternatives; Establish critical NFRs at the solution level, participate in the definition of others. Create and enable the Continuous Delivery Pipeline including: Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the system solution and explore alternatives; Develop the Architectural Runway in support of new business Features and Capabilities; Work with portfolio stakeholders, Solution and Enterprise Architects, to develop, analyze, split, and realize the implementation of enablers; Participate in project planning, system and solution demos, retrospective workshops; Understand technical characteristics of and assist with architectural integration of external components, systems, and platforms.
Job Contribution: Expert level technical professional.
Location: Candidates wil be considered who can reside at any of the AT&T hub locations throughout the country.
Education: Preferred Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; Developer nanodegree; or equivalent experience.
Required experience and skills:
• 5-8 years experience in a system engineering role with 3-5 years of hands-on ServiceNow administration and implementation experience focused on platform and MID server administration and management.
• ServiceNow CertifiedSystemAdmin certification required.
• Deep working knowledge of most or all of the following: CMDB, CSDM, ATF, IntegrationHub ETL, RTE, Flow Designer, ITOM (especially Discovery & ServiceMapping), ITSM, and ITIL
• Admin experience on current Linux (RedHat/CentOS or Ubuntu) or Windows server platforms and will write and maintain shell scripts appropriate to the platform (e.g. Bash, PowerShell, .bat).
• Hands-on experience with relational databases and demonstrated proficiency in writing SQL and managing relational databases (SQL, MySQL and Oracle)
• Hands-on experience with and demonstrated proficiency in UNIX shell scripting, Java Script, HTML, XML, AJAX, and python
• Familiarity with concepts related to CMDB, asset discovery, and integration with other external modules
• Implemented integrations with 3rd party tools using web services, microservices, SOAP, email, MID, or related technologies
Desired experience and skills:
• Desired ServiceNow certified application developer
We expect employees to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status.