Enterprise Holdings Software Engineer 2 - Java in St. Louis, Missouri
Enterprise Fleet Management (EFM) is a full-service fleet management company for businesses with mid-size fleets. With 57 fully staffed offices nationwide, EFM supplies cars, light and medium duty trucks and service vehicles to businesses in the United States.
Enterprise Fleet Management Information Technology (EFMIT) provides streamlined and effective solutions to serve our growing operation. We offer solid architectural platforms with a strategic focus that clearly align to business growth and improving the customer experience. The Fleet Management systems, including EDGE, Fleet Commissions, Fleet Web and Autodata, are web based applications built using J2EE technology and are integrated with our PeopleSoft financials system as well as our Oracle BI data warehouse.
Being a member of EFMIT offers all the advantages of a smaller shop including the opportunity to shape a more progressive architecture. Professionals who effectively navigate change and readily wear many hats will find this an opportunity to maximize skill diversity and build broad IT experience.
Our office is located at 9315 Olive Blvd.Currently, this position will train and work from home as a safety precaution due to COVID -19. When it has been determined that office work is safe to return to, this position will remain flexible and offer opportunities for on-site and work from home options.
As you are considering a position with Enterprise Holdings, we invite you to learn more about our business. Today – and every day – the safety and wellbeing of employees, customers and the communities we serve is our top priority. For the latest on our COVID-19 response, please click here.
EFMIT has an opportunity for a Software Engineer 2 that is responsible for designing and developing prototypes as well as performing complicated application coding and programming. This position interprets end-user business requirements to develop and/or modify technical design specifications for off-the-shelf and/or custom-developed applications. The Software Engineer 2 position also analyzes and reviews software requirements to determine feasibility of a design within time and cost restraints. In addition, this position performs unit and integration testing and assists with developing unit test scripts. The Software Engineer 2 position may provide instruction, guidance and mentoring to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Available to work in the St. Louis office
Must have at least 3 years’ experience in Java-based software development
Proficient knowledge of Java & J2EE (including JSP, JDBC, SQL, XML, HTML and associated technologies) and the use of those technologies in n-tier development environments
Proficient knowledge is also expected in object-oriented application development principles, theories, and concepts using J2EE specific design patterns and usage
Experience with J2EE Frameworks (Struts 1/2 and/or Spring MVC, Hibernate, Spring, and JPA are a plus)
Comfortable working in the Eclipse IDE
Experience with unit testing
Experience with build scripts (Gradle is a plus).
Experience with the configuration and setup of J2EE application servers
Knowledge of Unix operating systems
Solid knowledge of relational database platform
Experience with the use of version control systems for code management (Git is a plus)
Experience with front end design and development
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications software
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
Experience with the Mulesoft Mule ESB is a plus but not required
Experience with an Agile/Kanban/Scrum development process is a plus but not required
Understanding of SOA is preferred
Experience with the Atlassian Toolset is a plus but not required
- Drives open communication in team; strong ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences and across levels in the organization; able to leverage multiple modes of communication; exhibits cultural sensitivity in communication
Collaborative & Team Focused
- Actively seeks out and values input from team members and key stakeholders; highly effective and agile in operating as a member of multiple teams; actively shares valuable information within and outside of team; builds relationships and collaborates with one’s team, as well as teams across the organization; participates in teambuilding activities; takes time to understand and partner with other IT teams; champions a team mentality and creates an environment that fosters collaboration and idea sharing within and outside of one’s team
- Places a critical emphasis on understanding customer needs, prioritizing work appropriately and leveraging internal and external business partners to enable quality solutions
Models EHI Culture
- Consistently displays a positive attitude towards EHI and team members; operates with trust and transparency; exhibits a strong degree of flexibility; adapts easily and quickly to change; flexible and agile in work and problem solving approach; adapts work methods and behaviors to changing conditions, new technology and business trends; possesses an appreciation for others’ strengths, adapting to and leveraging what others uniquely bring
Owns the Outcome
- Takes ownership of responsibilities - leveraging both internal and external service-oriented business partners - and holds self and others to high standards; successfully delivers in the face of ambiguity; goes above and beyond to improve and exceed expectations; exhibits a strong work ethic, as well as ownership of individual and team results; recognizes and drives solution opportunities and improvements
- Stays current on technology trends and how they impact one’s function; drives solutions by proposing, initiating, or explaining technical ideas to solve major problems; stays up-to-date on latest technology trends
Thrives in Change
- Embraces, adapts, and proactively responds to change; manages risk and uncertainty; takes conceptual ideas and turns them into reality; proponent of change; with an appreciation and respect for the past, pushes past norms and involves champions who will adopt new approaches and technology; avoids a reactive approach by constantly looking for and implementing new opportunities; remains flexible to meet changing and sometimes opposing demands; approaches change in a thoughtful and logical manner
Thinks & Acts Innovatively
- Uses technical and professional knowledge to design new methods where established methods and procedures are inapplicable or unavailable; pushes past the status quo and questions common practices in order to identify better ways of doing things; recommends and implements improvements and provides others with freedom to explore and be inventive; encourages others to frequently take a fresh look at existing policies, practices, and programs
- Influences to achieve small wins within own team or department that support an overall vision as set forth by leadership; understands and explains benefits of initiatives; proactively networks within and outside the organization; leverages multiple communication channels; remains open and engages thoughts of others; able to lead discussions and sell ideas
Enterprise Holdings/Enterprise Rent-A-Car/Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental seeks and values people of all backgrounds because every employee, customer and business partner is important. Enterprise Holdings is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.