St. Mary's Good Samaritan Sr Backup-Recovery Administrator in St. Louis, Missouri
The Senior Backup-Recovery Administrator is responsible for the availability, security, operations and performance of SSM’s enterprise backup and recovery systems. He/she is responsible for optimizing backup strategies for a large server environment including backup and recovery methodologies and application of these methodologies including retention, reclamation, and disaster recovery.
The Senior Backup-Recovery Administrator designs, plans and coordinates the install of backup-recovery software and infrastructure. He/she leads and provides technical expertise for projects to implement new backup-recovery technologies or upgrade existing technologies. He/she participates in projects providing technical expertise to implement solutions for backup/recovery related to the project.
He/she monitors and reports on the day to day activities of backup-recovery systems including backup/recovery software, databases, storage systems, backup-recovery operations and capacity. Monitoring includes managing the daily cycle of backups, reviewing backup logs and server error logs, monitoring media utilization, ensuring off-site copies of data and responding to alerts and failures.
The Senior Backup-Recovery Administrator maintains and configures the backup-recovery systems including backup software, storage frames, and disk/tape topologies; configuring storage pools and devices, configuring and maintaining schedules, configuring and maintaining client domains and policies, configuring and maintaining scripts, adding clients, modifying clients and removing clients. Maintenance includes installing software updates and patches, adding capacity and implementing approved change requests
He/she supports the backup/recovery systems including troubleshooting and correcting backup failures and performance issues, assisting with restore requests, troubleshooting and correcting hardware and software issues and logging and managing support cases with vendors.
The Senior Backup-Recovery Administrator monitors storage and plans for capacity and performance upgrades, evaluates new technologies, both hardware and software, and recommends these technologies to management as necessary, evaluates and implements third party software products to support the above listed tasks ensuring all backup-recovery systems provide the highest commitment to operational standards and controls.
He/she develops standards, policies and procedures for the effective use and optimization of all backup-recovery systems, audits and reviews systems and practices to ensure compliance with procedures and standards.
- Collaborates with SSM Integrated Health Technologies staff and users. Works collaboratively as a team player and demonstrates personal initiative with minimal direction. Manages and leads special projects as assigned. Provides leadership in the area of backup-recovery administration in the absence of managerial presence. Provides mentoring and training to other administrators. Follows documented policies and procedures
- Designs backup-recovery hardware and software infrastructure. Participates in projects providing technical expertise to implement solutions for backup/recovery related to the project including requirements gathering and documentation and solutions design and documentation. Participates in the development of infrastructure projects. Participates in capacity analysis and planning. Develops standards, policies and procedures for the effective use and optimization of all backup-recovery assets. Researches, evaluates and designs backup-recovery solutions based on business need and strategic directions. Evaluates new technologies, both hardware and software, to support a large scale 24x7 environment and recommends technologies to management as necessary. Develops and tests new products and services. Designs backup-recovery infrastructure and processes including servers, storage and tape infrastructure, scheduling, reporting and local and remote replication.
- Implements and configures backup-recovery hardware and software infrastructure. Plans and coordinates the install of backup-recovery infrastructure. Installs and upgrades backup-recovery software and hardware. Performs backup-recovery configuration task including backup server network configuration, storage disk/tape configuration, creating domains and policies, defining retention and reclamation, configuring schedules and disaster recovery. Supports server systems administrators during installation and configuration of backup-recovery clients and processes. Installs software and hardware product to support a large scale 24x7 environment.
- Monitors and reports on the day to day activities of backup-recovery systems. Manages the daily cycle of backups including off-site replication, reporting on success and failure rates. Monitors and tracks daily health of backup-recovery infrastructure reviewing backup logs and server and infrastructure logs. Produces capacity reports. Monitors media utilization ensuring appropriate resources are available for backups. Responds to alerts and failures. Produces standard and ad-hoc reports as needed. Reports on performance and capacities and make allocation recommendations based on trending. Provides input to the IT/O Administrator, makes recommendations and takes action to proactively prevent problems
- Maintains and configures the backup-recovery systems. Performs day to day administration of backup software, databases, storage frames and disk/tape topologies. Configures and maintains storage pools and devices. Configures and maintains schedule. Configures and maintains clients, client domains and retention policies. Configures and maintain scripts. Performs software and firmware upgrades on all backup-recovery components. Creates and maintains standard operating procedures and departmental documentation. Makes maintenance and upgrade recommendations to meet availability requirements. Maintains environment maps for server and storage resources. Performs performance optimization tuning for all backup-recovery components.
- Supports the backup/recovery systems. Ensures all storage systems provide highest commitment to operational standards and controls. Troubleshoots and corrects backup failures, performance issues and hardware and software issues. Assists with restore requests
- Logs and manages support cases with vendors as necessary. Monitors vendor notifications for bug reports, security issues and best practices and corrects deficiencies. Responds to and resolves problems and changes as they relate to the backup-recovery. Proactively identifies and resolves problems. Participates in an on-call schedule to provide 24x7 coverage of systems and applications. Provides technical support in the effective use of all storage subsystems. Provides Disaster Recovery support, develops and updates DR procedures. Opens, maintains and closes related trouble tickets. Adheres to change management and problem escalation procedures. Provides status reports to management as directed.
- Monitors storage and plans for capacity and performance upgrades. Perform storage analysis, capacity planning, and performance planning of storage components. Make recommendations to improve stability, efficiency, and capabilities of backup environment. Complete quarterly backup audit to ensure compliance with backup policies. Evaluates new technologies, both hardware and software, and recommends these technologies to management as necessary. Develop projects to upgrade existing infrastructure or deploy new systems to increase performance or capacity. Evaluates and implements third party software products to support the above listed tasks ensuring all backup-recovery systems provide the highest commitment to operational standards and controls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*Minimum Qualifications: *
Associate’s degree or Diploma School Program – Nursing
At least 10 years of related experience
*SSM Health Integrated Health Technologies – *
At SSM Health Integrated Health Technologies, information systems and clinical engineering systems come together to form a hub of technology for SSM Health - an integrated delivery network with hospitals in four states: Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. It is based in St. Louis with locations throughout our system. It has been honored four times with Missouri Quality Awards since 2002 and has been recognized as a national leader in the adoption of an electronic health record.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Organization: SSM Health Integrated Health Technologies
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health Integrated Health Technologies
Work Locations: SSM Health Integrated Health Technologies (0009) 7980 Clayton Road St. Louis, 63117
Job: Information Technology
Req ID: 18013547