Express Scripts Sr. Cloud Engineer in St. Louis, Missouri
The Sr. Cloud Engineer will join an exciting, cutting edge engineering team responsible for driving change through technology. In this role, they will build subject matter expertise in Pivotal Cloud Foundry as a part of the Express Scripts' Cloud First initiative.
- Develop automation and internal tools to provision, maintain, and monitor the cloud platform.
- Mentor team members, conduct code/design reviews, and drive continuous improvement.
- Focus on quality, reliability, availability and scalability to enable them to be successful.
- Break down complex ideas and communicate them effectively (whiteboard, verbal, text).
Exhibit the following characteristics:
Natural leader who enjoys sharing their knowledge with others.
- Passionate about reliability and automation.
- Intellectually curious and stay current with industry trends in technology.
- Strong engineering instincts and can sense risks while navigating towards solutions.
- Love for solving problems!
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 11 years of experience.
- 5 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 3 years of relevant experience
- 5+ years’ experience in enterprise linux administration / infrastructure engineering / SRE
- Strong knowledge of virtualization (VMWare)
- Intermediate knowledge of container technologies (docker or runc)
- Experience with capacity planning, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Intermediate level understanding of networks (including troubleshooting with tcpdump / wireshark)
- Excellent customer interaction skills
- Must be able to write and maintain shell scripts
- Must be comfortable in an open office environment
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy making things work seamlessly and figuring out ways to improve functionality? Do you have a knack for automating processes? Be a part of our team that focuses on reliability and keeping our systems running. From data centers to servers, this talent is relied on to create and maintain critical platforms for the organization. If this is your skill set and you want to be at the center of work that impacts 83 million Americans, explore our opportunities.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer / disability / veterans
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.