Express Scripts Sr. Manager Procurement Sourcing in St. Louis, Missouri
As a manager within Corporate Procurement's Strategic Sourcing group, this position will lead a team of 5-7 sourcing professionals responsible for sourcing and contracting activities for various categories of spend, including but not limited to those referenced below:
- Services – Outsourcing, Professional Services, Contingent Labor
- IT Infrastructure – Hardware, Software, Telecommunications
- Facilities & Construction
- Packaging, Logistics, MRO, etc.
- Train and develop sourcing professionals on contract redlining, sourcing fundamentals, and negotiation strategies
- Develop Policy/Procedures, Work Instructions, and Job Aids - as required
- Collaborate with Category Management to ensure business alignment
- Ensure sourcing managers are conducting sourcing and contracting activities per procurement policy and in accordance with best practices
- Provide oversight to sourcing professionals on key sourcing initiatives
- Manage team workload distribution based on volume and complexity level
- Lead critical sourcing events as necessary
- Able to use persuasion to build group consensus and resolve challenging situations
- Well organized & able to effectively manage team to ensure projects are on track to meet or exceed commitments
- Provide updates to stakeholders and performs all tasks in a timely manner
- 14+ years relevant work experience or Bachelors Degree with 8+ years experience required.
- C.P.M. or C.P.S.M designation from the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) a plus
- Strong sourcing, negotiation, and contracting skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to collaborate effectively across different organizational levels, functions, businesses, and geographies
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Members of the Procurement department are tasked with evaluating our policies and procedures to ensure we remain efficient, competitive and at the forefront of the evolution of healthcare. One of the main areas team members are responsible for is the purchasing of goods and services for the organization from the approved channels. Additionally, the procurement team must provide information, guidelines and collaboration to facilitate the procurement process.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunityemployer/disability/veteran