Washington University of St. Louis Supervisor, User Support - WUSM IT Support Services - 48941 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of WUSM IT Support Services. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position is a technical-based hands-on worker who supervises and coordinates activities of workers who provide problem-solving support to computer users; works with team to set priorities and open issues and has input into the optimum configuration of desktop hardware, applications, and printers; makes recommendations and implements process improvements; supervises small work groups.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides technical leadership to user support technicians.
- Works hands on as a member of the team; tackles tough problems and is a problem resolution escalation resource.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates performance of a small staff of User Support personnel.
- Maintains currency on developing technologies, recommending upgrades, enhancements, and additions to system configurations.
- Maintains (or delegates) an inventory of network lines, user systems, and printers.
- Recommends technology upgrades to business and clinical management; works with senior IS management to set standards and expectations.
- Works with systems team to deliver and enhance technology via automatic and field upgrades.
- Is technically savvy and is flexible to adapt to the changes that occur in the technology field.
Equivalent of Associate’s degree or five years of related experience in a technology area; must have a working knowledge of a variety of hardware and software.
- Healthcare experience.
- Knowledge of varied hardware and software and related LAN equipment.
The hiring range for this position is $56,472 - $73,403 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Supervisor, User Support - WUSM IT Support Services - 48941
Job ID: 48941
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time