Washington University of St. Louis Technical Support Specialist II - Washington University Information Technology - 49610 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Washington University Information Technology. This position is for the Medical School Campus. This position must be able to travel between multiple campus locations.
Under minimal supervision, responsible for the advanced support of desktop and server computer systems and other technology-based systems for University staff, faculty and students; including support for computer operating systems, software, hardware and networking. May serve as a system owner, technical expert or specialist in a particular area such as in the applications, systems or hardware areas. The employee interacts with a broad range of client requiring strong communication and customer service skills as well as the ability to use a wide variety of technical resources (i.e., engaging vendor support) to provide a high level of technical support to clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Desktop support: Provide daily support for the computing desktop; including operating system, software installation and maintenance, and hardware. Respond to assigned tickets. Evaluate, prioritize, resolve problems and requests, or escalate to appropriate support areas. Provide support documentation for Tier 1 Service Desk for specific Neurology systems. Collaborate with higher-level technical areas on planning and issue resolution.
- Provide technical guidance and subject matter expertise, including documentation for level 2 staff and Tier 1 and Tier 2 user services staff.
- Act as an escalation point for advanced technical issues within employee’s knowledge domain.
- System administration: Assist with maintenance, upgrades, new implementation, consultation and planning system administration activities.
- Attend formal training, conduct self-paced training through online courses or on the job training, attend conferences, and engage with peers to maintain broad understanding of technologies and keeping abreast of new technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification with eight years of providing desktop support in an enterprise environment or a combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a comparable field of study.
- Experience in a clinical setting.
- Strong customer service skills, including great written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to support all standard office productivity applications and computing platforms in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to provide system administration functions in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to understand, be accountable for, and complete assigned tasks associated with projects. Ability to prioritize a workload to appropriately respond to customer needs and demands.
- Ability to act as a liaison between customers and senior technical staff.
The hiring range for this position is $23.07 - $29.42 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Technical Support Specialist II - Washington University Information Technology - 49610
Job ID: 49610
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time