Washington University of St. Louis Technical Support Specialist (Tech Den) - Washington University IT - 48804 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Washington University IT. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Under moderate supervision, provides support of personal computers and student facing systems for Danforth residential students. Tech Den staff provides technical support for computer hardware, network access and technical services needed by residential students. This position requires a broad understanding of all standard enterprise office technologies to effectively provide consulting and technical support and systems used by students on Danforth campus.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Desktop support: Provides daily support for the computing desktop; including operating system, software installation and maintenance, and hardware of the Danforth Tech Den. Respond to assigned tickets. Evaluates, prioritizes, resolves problems and requests, or escalates to appropriate support areas. Acts as the front-facing support liaison for all desktop-related support issues. Provides support documentation for Tier 1 Service Desk. Collaborates with higher level technical areas on planning and issue resolution. Prioritize work load to appropriately respond to customer needs and demands. Acts as a liaison between customers and senior technical staff.
- Project facilitation: Complete tasks associated with projects or activities that relate to the desktop support environment, such as system upgrades, system integration and system administration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent High School certification plus two years desktop support in an enterprise environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Missouri Class E driver’s license will be required within one month of start date for anyone driving University-owned vehicles more than once per week.
- Degree in a field of study with desktop support experience in an enterprise environment.
- Team Skills: Supports teammates at all times and in any way necessary to maintain a productive, energetic, efficient and dynamic WashU IT team. Communicates effectively and frequently both verbally and in writing with other members of the team. Collaborates with other teammates to provide assistance, and expertise, as well as to receive expert input and assistance from others delivering the best solution and experience for the customer.
- Customer Service: Must possess an aptitude for patience, professionalism, tactfulness and empathy. Must be enthusiastic and committed to helping others and exhibit the ability to quickly assess the specific needs of the customer to determine an appropriate course of action. Must be able to quickly defuse stressful or anxious situations.
- Experience supporting all standard office productivity applications and computing platforms in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to understand, be accountable, and complete assigned tasks associated with projects. Such as system upgrades, system integration, and system administration.
- Strong customer service skills, including written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work load to appropriately respond to customer needs and demands.
- The employee is expected to provide support documentation for Tier 1 support staff.
The hiring range for this position is $21.18 - $26.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Ability to work on call.
- Ability to travel to on - and off - campus locations and remotely as needed based on post Covid-19 environment.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Technical Support Specialist (Tech Den) - Washington University IT - 48804
Job ID: 48804
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time