Washington University of St. Louis Technology Analyst, Advancement Services - University Advancement - 50939 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of University Advancement. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The Technology Analyst for University Advancement Services reports to the Manager, Advancement Services and is responsible for implementation and maintenance of technical solutions through tools that support and integrate with the core advancement system to improve Advancement process excellence. The incumbent supports the department-wide desktop hardware and software technology strategy and planning. This includes solution/development design and implementation, change management/training and consultation. This position also collaborates and represents Advancement with university partners on projects, task forces, and special committees. The Technology Analyst will also serve as the Manager, Advancement Services designee during peak activities for the Advancement system replacement project.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategy Implementation – Support the department-wide desktop hardware and software technology strategy and planning. Implement and maintain Advancement’s long-term and short-term desktop hardware and software needs, support of desktop technology for hardware replacement efforts and software security administration, audits, policy, and compliance. Work with Advancement departments to identify business needs that have a technology solution. Collaborate with departments on current business process, capture department goals, and research technical solutions to improve efficiency and quality of work.
- Central Files and Records Management – Support daily operations related to KnowledgeLake and SharePoint platforms. As needed, work in concert with WashU IT and external vendors for issue reporting and resolution.
- Solution/Development and Implementation – Implement and support technical solutions to improve Advancement business processes. Maintain web-based forms and understand the back-end processing to capture data for a variety of projects.
- Advancement Intranet Maintenance and Sustainment - Implement changes as needed, review all major changes to pages, monitor site governance. Support new technical solutions in support of Advancement department needs.
- Change Management/Training/Consultation – Work with Advancement staff to adopt and successfully employ technical tools, with emphasis on complex tools that bring business process excellence. Adapt approach and training method based upon user needs/level of experience. Provide one-on-one training on SharePoint, Advancement Form, and other integration tools. Deliver classroom training and materials to create more efficient work processes. Provide backup for new employee orientation University Advancement technology solutions presentation and technical overview training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or equivalent plus two years of related experience, including experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically and to implement effectively.
- Leadership experience as manager, team leader, trainer, influencer and collaborator.
- Demonstrated success as a team member able to work effectively within a complex organization across multiple units dealing with diverse constituents toward development objectives and building effective working relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent program management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
- Attention to detail, highly-motivated, organized and energetic.
- Ability to work independently and with exceptional accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and teach.
- Ability to effectively utilize computer technology; experience with SharePoint, Excel, and data integration solutions.
- Commitment to the mission of higher education.
- Strong problem-solving skills and intellectually curious.
- Bachelors degree.
- Higher education experience.
- Program management experience.
- Experience with KnowledgeLake, Microsoft Azure, and web-based forms.
The hiring range for this position is $48,087 - $62,517 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
To learn more about careers in University Advancement, please visit http://alumni.wustl.edu/ContactUs/Career_Opportunities/.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Technology Analyst, Advancement Services - University Advancement - 50939
Job ID: 50939
Location: Alumni & Development Programs
Full/Part Time: Full-Time